Local Businesses and Local Orgs
Downeaster Train Service
Doing Business in Freeport
Winslow Park and Campground
Moving to Freeport
Hotels & Accommodation
Citizen of the Year
Town Reports - Annual
Financial Reports - Annual
Budgets - Annual
Ordinances and Codes
FOAA and ADA
Route One South Design Guidelines
Files & Forms
Meeting Calendars, Agendas, Minutes, Video
RFP's / Employment
Ticks and Browntail Moths
More Tools and Quick Links
Boards / Committees / Officials
Active Living Committee
Coastal Waters Commission
Hunter Road Fields Advisory Committee
Paper Streets / Discontinuance
Shellfish Conservation Commission
Traffic and Parking Committee
Hours & Contact Information
Downeaster Train Center
Freeport Community Services
Freeport Community Television
RSU 5 Community Programs
Schools in Freeport
Water & Sewer Utilities
Vital Records Online
Property Tax Viewing - Online!
Pay Property Tax Bills Online!
Pay Tickets Online!
Send Email to Town Hall Departments
Streaming Video on Demand
Hunting & Fishing Licenses
Online Burn Permits
Town Events Mailing List
Town Events RSS Feed
Back to Municipal News
December 22, 2018
2018 Freeport Town Council Guidelines
The Freeport Town Council is committed to engaging our residents, and one another, in respectful, constructive dialogue about issues facing our community. Freeport is a wonderful place to live, work and visit, and has a reputation for inclusiveness and kindness. It is within this organizing principle that we adopt these guidelines:
1. The Council will prioritize, evaluate and control expenditures in operating and capital budgets to mitigate the impact on the tax payers and maintain a stable tax rate, while providing the highest quality services possible within the resources available.
2. The Council will promote transparent intercommunication, information exchange and collaboration on direction and process between Councilors, while conducting town business in a fair and efficient manner. The Council will prioritize: (a) transparency of decision-making and of Town government operations; and (b) attendance at Town Council and assigned Committee meetings.
3. The Council will promote efforts to engage Freeport residents and businesses in the governance, operation and activities of the Town of Freeport.
a. In 2018, the Council will conduct a review of the Town's boards and committees to assess their effectiveness, their tasks, their criteria for membership and the board and committee oversight role of the Council in an effort to streamline the Town’s review processes for its residents and businesses.
4. The Council will be active in maintaining a strong relationship with the RSU5 Board and neighboring municipalities.
5. The Council will explore solutions related to renewable energy and energy efficiency to reduce the energy costs of the Town of Freeport.
6. The Council will explore infrastructure opportunities that will promote active lifestyles for Freeport’s residents and visitors.
2018 Meeting Schedule attached at right.
2018 Council Meeting Schedule.as of January 9, 2018.doc
2018 Town Council Guidelines.docx
Contact Town Hall
Freeport Town Hall: 30 Main Street, Freeport, ME 04032 | Phone: 207-865-4743 | Fax: 207-865-0929 Office hours: Monday through Thursday from 7:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Built by Big Room Studios